International applicants please also use our online form and fill it in - to the extend possible.
Foreign certificates must be submitted as officially certified copies together with the corresponding officially certified translations. Photocopies or transcripts of foreign certificates must be certified by the German diplomatic or consular authorities in the country of origin or by the diplomatic representation of the country of origin in the Federal Republic of Germany.
If the certificates are not issued in German, English or French, officially certified translations are to be attached. The correctness of translations into German must be certified by the German diplomatic or consular authorities in the country of origin or by a sworn interpreter or translator in the Federal Republic of Germany.
Chinese applicants also require an APS statement or an APS certificate in the original.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Your application must also be accompanied by a proof of a successfully completed language test in German. Recognized language examinations are:
- DSD 2 (German Language Diploma of the Ministers of Education and Cultural Affairs, Level 2)
- ZOP (Zentrale Oberstufenprüfung of the Goethe Institute)
- KDS (Little German Language Diploma of the Goethe-Institut)
- GDS (Major German Language Diploma of the Goethe-Institut)
- DSH (German language examination for university entrance)
- TestDaF (Test German as a foreign language, TDNS 4 in all 4 skills)
Without one of these proofs of the German knowledge an application can not be considered!